Avocados do not ripen on the tree; they ripen or “soften” after they have been harvested. However, sometimes, they can take up to five days to ripen. So, what do you do with those avocados that are still a bit hard? Avocado fries, of course! Enjoy our recipe.
2 firm avocados, cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
1/3 cup avocado vegan mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sriracha
- Preheat oven to 425F. Coat a large, rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Season avocado with salt and black pepper. Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
- Coat the avocado wedges in the flour, then dip in the egg. Coat both sides with breadcrumbs and pressing on them to help it stick.
- Place wedges on the baking sheet, bake until golden brown, turn after 15 minutes. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Whisk vegan or regular mayonnaise with sriracha in a small bowl. Serve avocado with aioli as a dipping sauce.
Total time: 40 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Bake time: 30 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 221 Fat: 18g Carbs: 14g Protein: 3g
For recipes that will help keep your body healthy and pain-free, check out Cooking for Pain-Free Living, here!