- 7 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pine nuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 pound prawns
- Working in batches, if necessary, place cauliflower florets in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until they resemble rice, about 5 to 6 pulses. Set aside.
- In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil on medium-high, using a silicone brush to spread oil all over skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds Add cauliflower, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add broth and cook for 2 minutes. Remove 1 cup of mixture and place in a food processor, add cheese and milk and puree until smooth. Return to skillet and mix well. Add asparagus and cover with lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon zest, pine nuts (if using) and 1 1/2 tablespoon chives. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out skillet. Add remaining oil and heat on medium-high, using silicone brush to spread oil all over skillet. Sprinkle prawns with remaining black pepper and salt. Add prawns to skillet and cook all the way through on both sides.
- To serve, divide risotto among plates then top with prawns. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with remaining chives.
Total time: 30 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 262 Fat: 11g Carbs: 21g Fiber: 5g Protein: 23g
If you like this cauliflower risotto & prawns and are looking for more recipes and dinner ideas, check out the Cooking For Pain-Free Living cookbook, here!