7 cups cauliflower florets
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons whole milk
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1- inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1 tablespoon organic unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons unsalted pine nuts, optional
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 pound prawns
1. Working in batches, if necessary, place cauliflower florets in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until they resemble rice, about 5 to 6 pulses. Set aside.
2. In a deep 12-inch skillet, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil on medium-high, using a silicone brush to spread oil all over skillet. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds Add cauliflower, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add broth and cook for 2 minutes. Remove 1 cup of mixture and place in a food processor, add cheese and milk and puree until smooth. Return to skillet and mix well. Add asparagus and cover with lid. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in butter. Transfer to a bowl and stir in lemon zest, pine nuts (if using) and 1 1/2 tablespoon chives. Cover to keep warm.
4. Wipe out skillet. Add remaining oil and heat on medium-high, using silicone brush to spread oil all over skillet. Sprinkle prawns with remaining black pepper and salt. Add prawns to skillet and cook all the way through on both sides.
5. To serve, divide risotto among plates then top with prawns. Drizzle with sauce and garnish with remaining chives.
Total time: 30 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 262 Fat: 11g Carbs: 21g Fiber: 5g Protein: 23g
If you like this cauliflower risotto & prawns and are looking for more recipes and dinner ideas, click the link below and download the free cookbook.