These interview things are so much fun.
I am so excited to have another one for you.
I know, not many people get excited about injuries, but I do. Sorry.
About the interview, it is with Dr. Casey Kerrigan.
You might remember Dr. Kerrigan from the High Heel Pain post.
Dr. Kerrigan contacted me after she stumbled on my post and asked if we could do an interview.
She said she had a lot to share which was not seen in the research.
How cool is that?
We go through it all in the audio interview:
You must listen to this if:
- You work with older adults
- If you work with anyone with hip extension issues
- You have questions about spinal stenosis
- You think you should rest with an injury
- You want to know the most important yoga pose
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview or head down to the bottom of this article and click the play button.
What we go through in the interview is:
- Her breakthrough research
- Her research in walking
- The one parameter that was different from the older adult and young population
- Can a hip stretch improve gait in older adults?
- What happens to your body when you do not have hip extension
- What they saw in low back pain
- Very interesting research on spinal stenosis
- Importance of walking, no matter what your condition
- Why yoga works
- Importance of stretching when warm
If you would like to get more information on Dr. Casey Kerrigan, you should see what she is doing now when it comes to shoes. She has started a shoe company based on her research to help minimize stress and pain in people. Very cool. You can see what she is doing at OESH Shoes.
Before I go, I need your help. If you have a story or know of anyone with a story where they used exercise to overcome their injury, I want to hear about it.
You can email me at support(at)ExercisesForInjuries.com and let me know.
Thanks a lot.
Please do take the time to leave a comment or FB “like” this article.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you like this interview, I have done a bunch more that may interest you: