- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 1/2 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 carrot
- 2-inch piece of parsley root
- 1 parsnip
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 heaping teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
CLICK HERE to watch the video.
- Place the lentils in bowl full of water and set aside overnight.
- Rinse and drain, and place in a pot. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the lentils are cooking, chop the carrot, parsley root and parsnip roughly.
- Rinse the quinoa well under running water and place it in a small pot with about 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pot with the lentils, and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the salt, cumin, turmeric and black pepper, and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa if there is any liquid left, and add it to the soup.
- Use an immersion blender and puree until smooth.
- Divide between serving bowls, and top with pumpkin seeds to serve.
Total time: 75 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes (plus soak time) Cook time: 65 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 199 Fat: 3.4g Carbs: 31.5g Protein: 11.3g
If you want to cook tasty meals that promote and encourage eye health, then check out the EFI Cookbook – Cooking For Eye Health.