Shoulder rotator cuff problems can be painful and persistent, especially if left untreated. The pain may sometimes be constant or only come on occasionally.
I am doing a webinar on exercises for a rotator cuff. I have teamed up with the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance (CKA). The CKA is the national association for Kinesiologists in Canada.
They have asked me to do a webinar on my master’s project on therapeutic exercises for the rotator cuff. My master’s project appeared in the Canadian Journal of Kinesiology in the fall of 2008.
It will be great to do a webinar where I can go into much more detail regarding rotator cuff exercises for injury recovery. The journal article is nice to write, but I came across so much more during my research that I could not get into the paper. It will be great to share this information on the webinar.
Exercise Rehabilitation of the Rotator Cuff
The rotator cuff muscles are the most frequently injured muscle in the shoulder. The most common exercise to strengthen the rotator cuff is standing external rotation, yet this exercise is ineffective in targeting all of the rotator cuff muscles. If you prescribe this exercise to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles, you need to attend this research-based exercise webinar. You will learn the most effective exercises targeting all rotator cuff muscles and a progressive rotator cuff program to rehabilitate your client’s rotator cuff injuries fully.
What will be covered in the webinar:
- Which rotator cuff exercises are a waste of time
- Which rotator cuff exercises cause more damage than good
- The critical structures of the rotator cuff
- Assessing the rotator cuff to determine exercise readiness and progressions
- The most effective exercises that target all of the rotator cuff muscles
- A progress rotator cuff program to fully rehabilitate your client’s rotator
INSTRUCTOR: Rick Kaselj – MS., B.Sc., PK, CPT, CEP, CES
Rick Kaselj specializes in exercise rehabilitation, post-rehab, active rehabilitation, therapy, and corrective exercise. He works in one-on-one and group rehabilitation settings, training people who have been injured at work, in car accidents, and during sports activities. His clients and group exercise participants include a wide variety of individuals from healthy and special populations. Rick has given over 233 presentations to 4531 fitness professionals and consumers across Canada while working in rehabilitation centers, physiotherapy clinics, fitness clubs, and personal training studios. Rick recently completed his Master of Science degree focusing on corrective and therapeutic exercises for the rotator cuff. To reach Rick or learn about his exercise rehabilitation courses, please visit Exercises for Injuries.
Here are the details of the webinar:
Who is this Rotator Cuff webinar for?
– It is for Kinesiologist, Exercise Physiologists, and Exercise Therapists
What type of person would benefit most from the Rotator Cuff webinar?
– It is most appropriate for people that provide active rehab, community-based rehab, or exercise rehab and work in a physical therapy center, rehab center, community center
Who is this Rotator Cuff webinar not for?
– It is not for fitness professionals, but if you are a fitness professional or group fitness instructor, leave a comment below if you would like a talk on rotator cuff exercise for your clients
CKA/ACK Members: $60 (plus GST)
Full-time Kinesiology Students: $30 (plus GST)
Non-Members: $80 (plus 5% GST)