Exercise Rehabilitation of the Rotator Cuff Webinar
I am doing a webinar on exercise and the rotator cuff.
I have teamed up with the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance (CKA). The CKA is the national association for Kinesiologists in Canada.
They have asked me to do a webinar on my masters project on therapeutic exercises for the rotator cuff. My masters project appeared in the Canadian Journal of Kinesiology in the fall of 2008.
It will be great to do a webinar where I can go into a lot more detail when it comes to rotator cuff exercises for injury recovery. The journal article is nice to write but during my research, I came across so much more that could not get into the article. It will be great to share this information on the webinar.
Exercise Rehabilitation of the Rotator Cuff
The rotator cuff muscles are the most frequently injured muscle in the
shoulder. The most common exercise given to strength the rotator cuff is
standing external rotation, yet this exercise is not effective in targeting
all of the rotator cuff muscles. If you prescribe this exercise to strengthen
the rotator cuff muscles, then you need to attend this researched based
exercise webinar. You will learn the most effective exercises that target all
of the rotator cuff muscles and a progressive rotator cuff program to fully
rehabilitate your client’s rotator cuff injuries.
What will be covered on the webinar:
– Which rotator cuff exercises are a waste of time
– Which rotator cuff exercises cause more damage than good
– The key structures of the rotator cuff
– Assessing the rotator cuff to determine exercise readiness and progressions
– The most effective exercises that target all of the rotator cuff muscles
– A progress rotator cuff program to fully rehabilitate your client’s rotator
INSTRUCTOR: Rick Kaselj – MS., B.Sc., PK, CPT, CEP, CES
Rick Kaselj specializes in exercise rehabilitation, post-rehab, active rehabilitation, exercise therapy and corrective exercise. He works in one-on-one and group rehabilitation settings, training people who have been injured at work, in car accidents and during sport activities. His clients and group exercise participants include a wide variety of individuals from healthy and special populations. Rick has given over 233 presentations to 4531 fitness professionals and consumers across Canada while continuing to work in rehabilitation centers, physiotherapy clinics, fitness clubs and personal training studios. Rick recently completed his Masters of Science degree focusing on corrective exercise and therapeutic exercise for the rotator cuff. To reach Rick or learn about his exercise rehabilitation courses please visit Exercises for Injuries .
Here are the details on the webinar:
Who is this Rotator Cuff webinar for?
– It is for Kinesiologist, Exercise Physiologists and Exercise Therapists
What type of person would benefit most from the Rotator Cuff webinar?
– It most appropriate for people that provide active rehab, community based rehab or exercise rehab and work in a physical therapy centre, rehab centre, community centre
Who is this Rotator Cuff webinar not for?
– It is not for fitness professionals but if you are a fitness professional or group fitness instructor, leave a comment below if you would like a talk on rotator cuff exercise for your clients
CKA/ACK Members: $60 (plus GST)
Full-time Kinesiology Students: $30 (plus GST)
Non-Members: $80 (plus 5% GST)