Packed with vitamin A and fiber, this colorful orange soup is the best choice for a detox dinner.
- 1/2 cup cooked red lentils
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 330 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion and garlic, season with salt, chili, turmeric and cumin, add the coconut oil, and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes, and then transfer to a blender.
- Add the warm vegetable broth, grated ginger and cooked red lentils to the blender and process to obtain a smooth, creamy texture.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley and a drizzle of coconut milk, if desired.
Total time: 30 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 382 Fat: 3.5g Carbs: 73.5g Protein: 16.1g
Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Soups
The recipe came from: https://www.theawesomegreen.com/3-warming-soups-for-liver-cleanse/
For recipes that will help keep your body healthy and pain-free, check out Cooking for Pain-Free Living, here!