This colorful combination of vegetables not only brings fresh flavors but also excellent texture. You can enjoy this hearty meal on its own or it can complement any meat dish.
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups black beans
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Saute onion, garlic and spices in coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once translucent, add broth, diced tomatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Then, add all remaining vegetables and beans except mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and coconut milk and cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool briefly before serving. Serve in a bowl and garnish with fresh herbs.
Total time: 55 minutes Prep time: 25 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
For more great recipes to keep your body healthy and pain-free, check out Cooking For Pain-Free Living, here!