Today I have a test for you when it comes to medial and lateral elbow pain.
It is an easy test that you can do, to get an idea of what kind of elbow pain you have.
You can also get your clients to perform the test in order to get a better idea of what kind of elbow pain they have, in order to get an idea of what exercises to give them and avoid.
Simple Test for Medial or Lateral Elbow Pain
CLICK HERE to go directly to the video above.
The above is called a Polk’s test. I always chuckle when people name a test after themselves. I should name a test after me. Need to think of that that would be.
If you want more information on the Polk’s test, you can check this out – Polkinghorn BS. (2002). A novel method for assessing elbow pain resulting from epicondylitis. J Chiropr Med. 2002 Summer;1(3):117-21.
Something that I have released this week is Fixing Elbow Pain with Jedd Johnson.
Let me answer a few questions that have come in about the product.
Questions about Fixing Elbow Pain Program
What is the difference between Tennis Elbow Pain Solution and Fixing Elbow Pain?
Tennis Elbow Pain Solution is a specific program targeted just to tennis elbow.
Fixing Elbow Pain is targeted to athletes and those that work out (lifters). It helps the athlete and lifter when it comes to elbow and forearm pain.
I go through exercises for lateral and medial elbow pain that an athlete and lifter can add to his program to help overcome lateral and medial elbow pain.
I have teamed up with Jedd Johnson and he brings in the perspective of an athlete and lifter for preventive techniques and pre-habilitation exercises.
So to sum it up, if you have tennis elbow pain and you want to rehabilitate it, Tennis Elbow Pain Solution is what you should get.
If you are an athlete or lifter and you have medial and lateral elbow pain from what you do and you want to know what exercises you can to do in order to make it better and training techniques to keep it away, then Fixing Elbow Pain is what you should get.
I hope this makes sense.
How Did “Fixing Elbow Pain” Get Started?
Jedd Johnson saw my stuff on my blog and on other blogs. He saw that I had a Tennis Elbow Pain program and let me know that he has had it. He also let me know he does all kinds of strength training, grip sports, strong man, etc., and that there were a lot of things he did for pre-hab (exercises to prevent injury) and preventive techniques that he used after he overcame his tennis elbow.
We got chatting and thought it would be great if we combined forces. I could be the rehabilitation side of things and Jedd could bring in the pre-hab and prevenative techniques. What we came up with was Fixing Elbow Pain.
The program is a big help for athletes and lifters with medial and lateral elbow pain.
Fixing Elbow Pain Main Program
Let’s look at the program a little more, and see how it can help you:
- Component #1 & 2 – This is where I give you the exercises, progressions, exercise order and correct reps/sets for medial and lateral elbow pain.
- Component #3 & 4 – Jedd puts together an 80 plus page manual on pre-hab and preventive techniques for elbow and forearm pain from stuff that has worked for him. It is great. I got a lot of great ideas from it and I know it will help people that are taking my Exercise Rehabilitation of the Wrist and Hand course.
- Bonus – Ultimate Upper Body Workout Finisher with Travis Stoetzel is great. It is for the person that is looking for ideas and workouts that are hard and challenging.
The main program has everything you need to fixing your elbow and forearm pain.
Fixing Elbow Pain Accelerator Program
We also set up an Accelerator Program for those people who are looking for videos of the exercises and techniques that we use in the program. There is over 1 hour and 30 minutes of video. Here is a list of the videos you will get:
- 1 Warm-up Methods Part I – 6:49
- 2 Warm-up Methods Part 2 – 3:19
- 3 Hazard Awareness for Preventing Injuries – 2:01
- 4 Elbow Sleeves for Injury Prevention – 2:29
- 5 Tendon Wrapping Technique – 2:56
- 6 Stretches for Injury Prevention Part I – 4:16
- 7 Stretches for Injury Prevention Part II – 1:42
- 8 Power Ball Massager Tool – 4:07
- 9 Traction for Improved Recovery – 3:28
- 10 Contrast Bathing for Improved Recovery – 5:55
- 11 Compression Band Therapy – 6:22
- 12 Self Myofascial Release Techniques – 2:06
- 13 Professional Services for Recovery and Injury Prevention – 4:03
- 14 Rice and Sand Bucket Training – 3:30
- 15 Rubber Band Extensor Work – 3:58
- 16 Leverage Bar Rotations – 3:52
- 17 Shot Training for Lower Arm Health – 4:29
- 18 Hammer Grip Band Exercises for Forearm Pre-hab
- 19 Rehabilitation of Medial and Lateral Elbow Pain Exercise Program Video – 14:17
- 20 What to Do and Not Do for Elbow Pain – 17:13
After this explanation, I hope you can see how Fixing Elbow Pain can help you with your elbow and forearm pain. Especially if you are an athlete or lifter.
Lateral Elbow Pain Test
Also, in the past, I had done a video on a self assessment for lateral elbow pain. Here it is again; it goes through four levels of lateral elbow pain tests.
Self Assessment for Lateral Elbow Pain
CLICK HERE to go directly to the video above.
That is it, have a great day.
Rick Kaselj, MS