Looking for a simple but tasty appetizer? You found it! These mushroom stuffed tomatoes are healthy and take only 40 minutes from start to finish. Enjoy!
CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video.
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 large mushrooms (or 8 small mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon crumbled old goat cheese
- Rinse the tomatoes and pat dry.
- Slice the tops and take out the seeds. Set aside.
- Rinse and dice the mushrooms. Crush the garlic. Dice the onion.
- Heat the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and onion, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the thyme and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Stir in the mushrooms and cook for 5 additional minutes.
- Turn on the oven and set the temperature to 450 F.
- Fill the tomatoes with the mushroom mixture. Top with the crumbled cheese.
- Place on a baking dish, and bake for about 20 minutes, until the tomato skin starts to break.
Total time: 40 minutes Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 140 Fat: 10g Carbs: 10g Protein: 5.4g
Looking for more great recipes? Make sure to pick up your free copy of our 4th of July Cookbook, here!