CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video.
- 2 pounds fresh tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 carrot
- 1/3 cup celeriac
- 1 parsnip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray. If they are too big, cut them in half.
- Cut the bell peppers into halves and remove the core. Also, place on the baking tray.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes at 400 F until the skin gets slightly charred. Remove from the oven and place in paper bags for 10 minutes, which will make it easier to peel them.
- While the tomatoes and bell peppers are roasting, chop the garlic, onion, carrot, celeriac and parsnip roughly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add all the remaining vegetables to the pot, and add the water.
- Bring everything to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and let cool a little bit.
- Add the peeled tomatoes and bell peppers to the pot and use an immersion blender to puree the soup. If it is too thick, bring some water to a boil and add it to the pot.
- Season with salt, black pepper, turmeric and ginger.
- Top with fresh basil leaves to serve.
Total time: 90 minutes Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 70 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 157 Fat: 8g Carbs: 22g Protein: 3.6g