A gorgeous green soup, loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals. This soup is always in season!
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup greens (kale, spinach, beet greens or any other available)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups filtered water or low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Toasted mixed seeds and nuts, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil, add onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, celery sticks and broccoli, and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the filtered water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the greens, then transfer into the blender, add the chia seeds and lemon, and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Top with toasted seeds and coconut milk to garnish and serve warm.
Total time: 30 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 182 Fat: 4.2g Carbs: 35.1g Protein: 5.5g
Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Soups
Recipe from: The Awesome Green
For more great recipes to keep your body healthy and pain-free, check out Cooking for Pain-Free Living, here!