Eating healthy pastas that provide the same flavour and texture as its less wholesome counterparts without sacrificing nutrition.
I made it back from California.
It was an amazing conference, and the feedback on my presentation was very good:
Very excellent to hear. I worked hard to make it entertaining and informative. Working on the 60-minute presentation for three days paid off.
Now, looking at what I have for you today.
Here is a great article from Shaun Hadsall.
I saw Shaun in October at a Mastermind event in Austin, Texas.
Take it away, Shaun.
Rick Kaselj, MS
One of the biggest myths in the fat-loss industry is that carbs like pasta make you fat. Don’t get me wrong, unhealthy pasta (we’ll get to the three healthy ones in a sec) and certain carbs can cause more fat storage. They can also lead to insulin resistance and cause certain food sensitivities that will KEEP you in a fat-storing environment.
For example, most folks don’t realize that today’s modern wheat is different from the wheat our ancestors ate or even the wheat our mom and grandma used to eat.
Research shows that just two slices of whole wheat bread can increase blood sugar by MORE than two tablespoons of pure cane sugar.
And this is only the beginning.
- Store-bought fruits and vegetables are now loaded with pesticides, herbicides, and even genetically modified organisms (GMOs). These residual chemicals and modified foods can block the absorption of vitamins and minerals — and have been linked to several diseases, including cancer.
- Corn-fed beef and pork have been shown to contain nine times the bad estrogen than natural pasture-raised pork and grass-fed beef. It also tends to be too high in omega-6 fats compared to its grass-fed buddies.
- Most over-the-counter dairy products contain loads of fillers, hidden chemicals, and poor-quality protein.
- Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are the only exceptions to this rule but watch for hidden sugars and preservatives.
- Store-bought egg yolks tend to be loaded with hormones from cage-raised chickens.
- Roasted nuts are an “ok” source of friendly fat, but roasting destroys all the “good” fats.
I could go on and on, but hopefully, you get the point. Today’s food systems designers create fast and convenient food systems. Even the most popular trendy grocery store chains have shown to carry so-called “healthy” foods containing GMOs, which are basically “fake” food that causes aggressive cancer tumor growth in mice.
As a result, the nutrient quality is not only poor but can also be downright dangerous for your health. I’m not trying to be a fearmonger. I’m just trying to raise your level of awareness.
Knowledge is half the battle. And sometimes things aren’t always as they seem.
Even though I usually save pasta for my cheat days, I have three healthy kinds of pasta that are exceptions to the rule.
3 Healthy Pastas To Eat That Can Help You Burn More Fat
1. Gluten Free-Organic Brown Rice Pasta (Higher Carb)
If you’re a pasta freak, try this with a piece of wild-caught fish or a turkey burger a few hours before or after a workout.
*Use this on exercise days or Carb UP days when you carb cycle.
2. Gluten-Free Organic Black Bean Spaghetti (Medium Carb)
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. My wife threw homemade red sauce on it and cooked me a grass-fed burger with Swiss chard, garlic, and mushrooms on the side.
Man – she can cook!
This has 16 grams of healthy low glycemic carbs and 20 grams of protein. It also only contains one ingredient. Well, two really; black beans and water.
*Eat this on Carb DOWN days when you carb cycle, or use this if you’re vegetarian for extra protein.
3. Shirataki Spaghetti (Low Carb)
Shirataki spaghetti is one of the healthy pasta to eat. So I had this particular pasta last night because I’m eating low carb this week due to not exercising. I’ve been working sun up until sun down on the release of my newly updated 4 Cycle Fat-Loss system.
It only has 4 grams of carbs per serving, is gluten-free and vegan, and tastes like real spaghetti.
My wife cooked it up, added some free-range chicken breasts, shitake mushrooms, garlic, broccoli, bamboo shoots, ginger, and red pepper flakes, and then added some gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce.
*Eat this on Deplete Days when you carb cycle.
So there you have it!
Three kinds of healthy pastas to eat that can help you burn more fat. Just make sure to:
- Always combine these pasta with a complete protein source (you can get away with eating the black bean spaghetti by itself, but I still recommend adding a little more complete animal protein).
- Time your intake of these pasta properly.
- Could you not use them every day?
And that’s what my 4 Cycle Fat-Loss system is all about – Understanding how to “cycle” healthy carbs to eat using the four proven cycles of Macro-Patterning.
And for the next few days, it’s HALF OFF the normal price to celebrate this new release… and as a special incentive, Shaun is also throwing in a bonus package that includes three rapid fat loss bonuses free:
Here’s to staying lean through the holidays this year!