I made it back from California.
It was an amazing conference and the feedback on my presentation was very good:
Very excellent to hear. I worked hard to make it entertaining and informative. Working on the 60 minute presentation for 3 days definitely paid off.
Now, looking at what I have for you today…
Here is a great article from Shaun Hadsall.
I just saw Shaun in October at a Mastermind event in Austin, Texas.
Take it away Shaun….
Rick Kaselj, MS
One of the biggest myths in the fat-loss industry is that carbs like pasta make you fat. Don’t get me wrong…unhealthy pastas (we’ll get to the 3 healthy ones in a sec), and certain carbs can definitely cause more fat storage. They can also lead to insulin resistance and cause certain food sensitivities that will KEEP you in a fat storing environment.
For example, most folks don’t even realize that today’s modern wheat is TOTALLY different from the wheat our ancestors ate, or even the wheat your mom and grandma used to eat.
In fact, research is now showing that just two slices of whole wheat bread can increase blood sugar MORE than than 2 tablespoons of pure cane sugar.
And this is only the beginning.
- Store bought fruits and vegetables are now loaded with pesticides, herbicides, and even genetically modified organisms (GMOs). These residual chemicals and modified foods can block the absorption of vitamins and minerals — and have been linked to several diseases, including cancer.
- Corn fed beef and pork has been shown to contain 9 times the bad estrogen than natural pasture raised pork and grass fed beef. It also tends to be too high in omega 6 fats compared to its grass fed buddies.
- Most over the counter dairy is loaded with fillers, hidden chemicals, and poor quality protein. Cottage cheese and Greek yogurt are the only two exceptions to this rule, but watch for hidden sugars and preservatives.
- Store bought egg yolks tend to be loaded with hormones passed along from the cage raised chickens.
- Roasted nuts are an “ok” source of friendly fat, but the roasting process basically destroys all the “good” fats.
Even the most popular trendy grocery store chains have been shown to carry so-called “healthy” foods that contain GMO’s, which is basically “fake” food that causes aggressive cancer tumor growth in mice. I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the point. Today’s food systems are designed to be fast and convenient.
As a result, the nutrient quality is not only poor, it can also be downright dangerous for your health. I’m not trying to be a fear monger. I’m just trying to raise your level of awareness.
Knowledge is half the battle. And sometimes things aren’t always as they seem.
Well even though I usually save pasta for my cheat days, I have 3 healthy pastas that are exceptions to the rule.
3 Healthy Pastas That Can Help You Burn More Fat
#1: Gluten Free-Organic Brown Rice Pasta (Higher Carb)
This is still considered a starch, but if you’re a pasta freak, give this a try with a piece of wild caught fish or a turkey burger, a few hours before or after a workout.
*Use this on exercise days or on Carb UP days when you carb cycle.
#2 Gluten Free Organic Black Bean Spaghetti (Medium Carb)
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. My wife threw some homemade red sauce on it and cooked me up a grass fed burger with some Swiss chard, garlic, and mushrooms on the side.
Man – she can cook!
This has 16 grams of healthy low glycemic carbs and 20 grams of protein. It also only contains one ingredient. Well two really; black beans and water.
*Eat this on Carb DOWN days when you carb cycle, or use this if you’re vegetarian for extra protein.
#3: Shirataki Spaghetti (Low Carb)
I’ve basically been working sun up until sun down on the release of my newly updated 4 Cycle Fat-Loss system – so I had this particular pasta last night because I’m eating low carb this week due to not exercising.
It only has 4 grams of carbs per serving, it’s gluten free and vegan…and it tastes like real spaghetti.
My wife cooked it up, then added some free range chicken breasts, shitake mushrooms, garlic, broccoli, bamboo shoots, ginger, red pepper flakes… and then added some gluten free low sodium soy sauce.
*Eat this on Deplete Days when you carb cycle.
So there you have it!
Three healthy pastas that can help you burn more fat. Just make sure to:
- Always combine these pastas with a complete protein source (you can get away with eating the black bean spaghetti by itself, but I still recommend adding a little more complete animal protein).
- Time your intake of these pastas properly.
- Don’t use them everyday.
And that’s pretty much what my 4 Cycle Fat-Loss system is all about – Understanding how to “cycle” healthy carbs using the 4 proven cycles of Macro-Patterning.
And for the next few days it’s HALF OFF the normal price to celebrate this new release… and as a special incentive, Shaun is also throwing in a bonus package that includes 3 rapid fat loss bonuses free:
Here’s to staying lean through the holidays this year!