Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Pink colored and tasting delicious, this beet soup is a real powerhouse when it comes to nutrition.
- 3 medium beetroots
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth, warm
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- Place the unpeeled beetroots in a pot, cover with water, bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet, add the onions, garlic, leek, and carrot and cook for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
- Peel the beetroots, cut into cubes, and add into the blender, together with the cooked vegetables and warm vegetable broth.
- Process it to obtain a smooth cream.
- Season with salt and serve garnished with mixed seeds.