Pink-colored and delicious tasting, this beet soup is a real powerhouse when it comes to nutrition.
Author: The Awesome Green
Recipe type: Soups
- 3 medium beetroots
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth, warm
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk, for garnish
- Place the unpeeled beetroots in a pot, cover with water, and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain water and set aside to cool.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast-iron skillet, add the onions, garlic, leek and carrot and cook for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and transfer to a plate.
- Peel the beetroots, cut into cubes and add to a blender. Add cooked vegetables and warm vegetable broth.
- Process it until a creamy texture forms.
- Season with salt and serve garnished with mixed seeds and coconut milk.
Total time: 60 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 173 Fat: 3.8g Carbs: 27.3g Protein: 6.6g
For your guide to the best foods to heal your body, check out The Best Foods that Rapidly Slim & Heal in 7 Days, here!