CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video.
- 4 chicken pieces (leg quarters)
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor, blend the onion, garlic, and fresh herbs.
- In a bowl, combine the blended mixture with all the spices. Add the olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well to form a yellow paste.
- Make light scores on the chicken pieces to allow the chermoula marinade to penetrate well. Season the chicken with salt and rub the chermoula paste thoroughly all over the chicken. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and sprinkle with black pepper. Roast the chicken for 40 minutes.
- Allow chicken to rest 10 minutes before serving.
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour, plus marinating time COOK TIME: 40 minutes PREP TIME: 10 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 334 Fat: 27g Carbs: 4g Protein: 18g