Comfort food is often packed with added fat and sodium. This recipe is comforting and delicious and still contains healthy ingredients. Try it out for yourself!
CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video about the Crispy Turkey with Roasted Eggplant Ingredients.
Crispy Turkey with Roasted Eggplant Ingredients
- 6 ounces turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 eggplant
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- Cut the turkey breast into strips.
- Break the egg into a small bowl and beat it.
- Spread the corn flour on a large plate and mix with salt.
- Soak the meat strips in the beaten egg and coat with corn flour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet and fry the strips until golden brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant and place in the dish. Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and oregano.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 400 F.
- To prepare the dip, mix the yogurt with hot mustard. Serve on the side.
Total time: 70 minutes Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 55 minutes
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Calories: 571 Fat: 27.2g Carbs: 51.2g Protein: 32.7g
For more great recipes for Father’s Day, pick up your free copy of the Father’s Day Cookbook, here!