The knee is the most frequently injured joint in both daily activities and sport. It is typically injured in one of two ways – by accident, or gradually through years of wear and tear from overuse and strain. This course will help the fitness and rehabilitation professional better understand the knee, become familiar with common knee injuries, and learn exercises to prevent and rehabilitate knee injuries.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN IN THIS COURSE:
– A review of the functional anatomy of the knee joint.
– Common sites and causes of knee injuries.
– A review of knee injuries (including osteoarthritic knee, knee replacement, anterior cruciate ligament tears, patellofemoral syndrome), the contraindication of exercise for each type of injury and the key components to an effective exercise rehabilitation program.
– Learn and practice an extensive list of exercises that prevent and rehabilitate knee injuries.
– A review of the roles and boundaries of fitness and rehabilitation professionals in the rehabilitation process.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS:4.0 BCRPA / 4.0 BCAK / 4.0 CMTBC / CSEP 4.0 PDC
DATES: This course is not offered anymore. If you’re looking for Rick’s knee pain relieving program, check out Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome Solution.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
To register for this course –
To register for the full weekend –
8:45 am – 10:00 am –
10:00 am-11:00 am –
11:00 am – 11:15 am –
11:15 am – 12:30 pm –
12:30 pm – 1:15 pm –
Rick Kaselj, MS