It is getting close to that time of year when I get questions from new science grads with tips for new exercises (Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Physical Education, etc.).
I asked an older friend from school (college/university) who has taken a very cool path in his career if he could share his experience and insights with new grads. The interview is with Dr. Ali Amiri.
Enjoy the interview!
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Dr. Ali Amiri on Tips for New Exercise Science Grads.
What Dr. Ali Amiri Shares in the Interview on Tips for New Exercise Science Grads:
- Importance of setting up times to meet and talk with professionals that are working out in the field
- The courses that were the most beneficial to him in university/college
- A system that he did not think much of but ended up being very valuable to him now
- Importance of rejection and failure in succeeding in your career, profession, and business
- Why you are at an advantage as a student when it comes to networking
- The benefits of doing work terms, volunteer work, and co-operative education while at school
- How many times it is who you know more than what you know
- Things that you can do to increase who you know
- Looking back, what he wished he had spent more time working on in university/college
- What to do if you don’t see what you want to do when you graduate
- The best thing that he did while at university/college
- What Ali does now when it comes to developing his skills and what he focuses in on
- The three questions that Rick asks a lot of professionals to learn from them and avoid their mistakes
- What books and learning Ali is doing to increase his knowledge of nutrition
- The number one most important thing you need to find when it relates to what you do every day
- Who is Dr. Ali Amiri?
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview about Tips for New Exercise Science Grads:
- To listen to the interview, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like. If you do not have time to listen to it right now, click the “download” button and download it to your computer.
- Also, the interview is up on iTunes. You can listen to it here or subscribe to the iTunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, it can sometimes act up when playing the interview. I suggest listening to the discussion in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
Dr. Ali Amiri is a chiropractor in Coquitlam, BC, Canada, focusing on how food could affect or lead to your illness.
If you have a neat specialization or business information that would be of benefit for fitness professionals to know about, please do contact me, and I would love to share it with the EFI world.
If you know of a fitness professional that may benefit from this, please forward it to them.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this kind of interview, here are some other articles that may interest you:
- Why Fitness Professionals Must Focus on Fascia
- How Life Coaching Can Help Your Training Clients
- Why Fitness Professionals Should Be Giving Nutritional Advice