Let’s start the gluteal week with a gluteal interview.
Just a reminder, this month’s Injury of the Month is a double shot. I will be covering Gluteus Medius Exercises and Gluteus Maximus Exercises.
Okay, to get to the interview – CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with David Weinstock on What to Do About Gluteal Amnesia.
I have been following David on Facebook for some time, he always has great little nuggets of insight. I contacted him by Facebook to see if he would be interested in doing aa interview on one of his nuggets which was on gluteal amnesia.
It was great to chat about gluteals and what we can do to help them function better.
Enjoy the interview.
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with David Weinstock on What to do About Gluteal Amnesia?
What David Weinstock shares in the Interview:
- What are some common hip conditions or dysfunctions?
- What are some causes that he sees that inhibits the glutes?
- How can the exercise selection make things worse or better when it comes to gluteal and hip functions?
- How can the strengthening exercises affect the functions of the glutes in a positive and negative way?
- What are some things that affect glutes function?
- Explains the two levels of motor control and how they affect muscle function?
- How other muscles along with glute max can affect hip function?
- Key tips on glutes and hip dysfunction
- How can fitness professionals benefit from the courses he offers?
- Who is David Weinstock?
- How can he help fitness professionals with his work?
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview:
- To listen to the interview, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. If you do not have time to listen to it right now, just click the “download” button and download it to your computer. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like.
- Also the interview is up on iTunes. You can listen to it HERE or subscribe to the itunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, at times it can act up when playing the interview. I would suggest listening to the interview in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
If you have a neat specialization or business information that would be of benefit for fitness professionals to know about, please do contact me and I would love to share it with the EFI world.
If you know of a fitness professional or someone with gluteal amnesia or hip pain that may benefit from this interview, please forward it onto them.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – Since this month’s Injury of the Month is a double shot, here is the second part of it, it is on Gluteus Medius Exercises.
P.S. – If you liked this interview, here are some other interviews that may help you: