I have another interview for you with Dr. Dan Ritchie.
Last week, I interviewed him on How to Attract and Not Repel Baby Boomer Clients to Your Fitness Business.
This week it is on the importance of balance training. I am a huge fan of balance training for injuries (foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back) and older adults. After I heard that Dan had done his Ph.D. on balance training and the older adult, I knew I had to talk about his research and how it could help fitness professionals.
Let’s get to the interview. Enjoy!
If you do not have time to listen to the interview now, you can download it to your computer, phone, or MP3 player.
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Dan Ritchie.
What Dan Shares in the Interview is about the Importance of Balance Training for the Older Adult :
- How do we classify older adults in the research, and why?
- What is the number 1 cause of death over the age of 65
- What is Balance Training?
- What systems are we working on when training for balance
- Highlights the importance of Balance Training for the older adult
- What are the advantages of doing Balance Training?
- How can fitness professionals integrate balance training into their workouts?
- Do you need all that fancy balance equipment to do balance training?
- Discusses the business opportunity in doing a balance training program for fitness professionals
- How to set up a balanced program in your facility during slow times
- What are the common mistakes that fitness professionals make regarding balance training?
- What are the balance training exercises that older people can do at home?
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview:
- To listen to the interview, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. If you do not have time to listen to it, click the “download” button and download it to your computer. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like.
- Also, the interview is up on iTunes. You can listen to it here or subscribe to the iTunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, it can sometimes act up when playing the interview. I suggest listening to the discussion in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
If you want to learn more about Dr. Dan Ritchie and see which balance screen and exercise program he uses, plus the business stuff he uses to attract baby boomer clients into this fitness business, you can check out Booming PT Profits.
A huge thank you to Dr. Dan Ritchie. I learned a lot, as I always learn from doing interviews. I will add things he said to my Balance Training for the Rehab Client course. Hope to see you at it.
If you have a neat specialization or business information that would benefit fitness professionals to know about, please do contact me. I would love to share it with the EFI world.
If you know of a fitness professional that may benefit from this, please forward it to them. Take care.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this kind of interview, here are some other articles that may interest you:
- How to Attract and Not Repel Baby Boomer Clients to Your Fitness Business
- How Life Coaching Can Help Your Training Clients
- Why Fitness Professionals Should Be Giving Nutritional Advice