As a personal trainer, you know the benefits of balance training are innumerable. It not only helps to prevent falls, but it also helps to improve your posture, coordination, and strength – all areas that many people struggle with as they age. The problem is that balancing on one leg or trying to stand on a wobble board can be incredibly challenging for those in the later stages of rehab from an injury or illness. When working with the rehab population, you have to make sure that you have modifications and variations so they can continue to improve. Check out this balance training course for the rehab client.
The importance of a range of motion, strength, and function when recovering from an injury is common knowledge. Balance is often overlooked yet equally crucial in the ankle, knee, and back injury recovery and exercise programs; it is also an essential part of an older adult exercise program to prevent falls and fractures.
- The importance of an exercise and rehabilitation program and fall prevention are key points to balance.
- An extensive list of balance exercises will be discussed, demonstrated, and practiced.
- Demonstrations on evaluating, challenging, and progressing balance in clients using Reebok Core Boards, Extreme Balance Boards, rocker boards, wobble boards, and discs.
- Balance is vital to exercise and rehabilitation programs.
- How to evaluate, challenge, and progress balance in clients using Reebok Core Boards, Extreme Balance Boards, rocker boards, wobble boards, and discs.
- Balance is essential for the older adult population.
- Importance of Balance in Exercise and Rehabilitation Programs.
- The Importance of Balance in the Older Adult Population.
- How to Evaluate, Challenge, and Progress Balance in Clients Using Reebok Core Boards, Extreme Balance Boards, Rocker Boards, Wobble Boards & Discs.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: 4.0 BCRPA / 4.0 BCAK / 4.0 CMTBC / CSEP 4.0 PDC
LOCATION: Douglas College (Royal Ave & 8th St) – New Westminster, BC
DATES: Sunday, May 6, 2012 – 1:15 pm to 5:30 pm (4 contact hours)
** Please note, the next time this course will be offered is 2013 **
- $77 plus HST – pre-registration before May 2
- $97 plus HST – late registration after May 2
The course fee includes a comprehensive and detailed course manual.
About the Presenter:
Rick Kaselj, MS