The importance of range of motion, strength and function when it comes to recovering from an injury is common knowledge. What is often overlooked yet equally important in ankle, knee and back injury recovery and exercise programs is balance; it is also an important part of an older adult exercise program to prevent falls and fractures.
– Key points to balance and its importance in an exercise and rehabilitation program, as well as fall prevention.
– An extensive list of balance exercises will be discussed, demonstrated and practiced.
– Demonstrations on how to evaluate, challenge and progress balance in clients using Reebok Core Boards, Extreme Balance Boards, rocker boards, wobble boards and discs.
LOCATION: Douglas College (Royal Ave & 8th St) – New Westminster, BC
DATES: Sunday, May 6, 2012 – 1:15 pm to 5:30 pm (4 contact hours)
** Please note, the next time this course will be offered is 2013 **
– $77 plus HST – pre-registration, prior to May 2
– $97 plus HST – late registration, after May 2
Course fee includes comprehensive and detailed course manual.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Rick Kaselj – MS, BSc, PK, CPT, CEP, CES
Rick Kaselj specializes in exercise rehabilitation, post-rehab, active rehabilitation, exercise therapy, and corrective exercise. He works in one-on-one and group rehabilitation settings training people who have been injured at work, in car accidents, and during sport activities. His clients and group exercise participants include a wide variety of individuals from healthy and special populations. Rick has given over 233 presentations to 4,531 fitness professionals and consumers across Canada while continuing to work in rehabilitation centers, physiotherapy clinics, fitness clubs, and personal training studios. Rick recently completed his Masters of Science degree focusing on corrective exercise and therapeutic exercise for the rotator cuff. To reach Rick or learn about his exercise rehabilitation courses please visit ExercisesForInjuries.com.
To register for this course –
To register for the full weekend –
** Participants – if you have your own yoga/stretch mat and foam roller, please bring it with you to class.