Hey, I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.
Over the weekend, my assistant Joan was away so I spent some time checking over emails from you. We got a number of great messages about Memorial Day and I wanted to share them with you…
re: ‘Remembrance Day’ and ‘Memorial Day’…
‘Memorial Day’ is held in honour of those who have died in service to their country. It’s held on the last Monday in May.
‘Veterans’ Day’ is held in honour of those who have served and are still alive. It’s held on November 11.
Our ‘Remembrance Day’ is a combination of both. (Although it’s actually a commemoration of the end of WWI.) It’s held on November 11.
Thank you very much Adrian for providing me such valuable information. I really appreciate it.
Yo Rick, how come you didn’t share your “Cevapi” recipe with us? Also is it made at home or can one go to a specialty market and find it? Just realized we came by your place several times, enroute to see my sister in law, between Quinalt and Prince George!
Have a great weekend!
– Tom K
Okay Tom, here’s my Mom’s secret Cevapi recipe…
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 egg white
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat a grill for medium-low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, ground lamb and egg white. Add the garlic, salt, baking soda, black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika. Mix well using your hands, and form into finger length sausages about 3/4 inch thick.
- Lightly oil the grilling surface. Grill sausages until cooked through, turning as needed, about 30 minutes.
The #1 Worst Exercise That Ages You Faster with Erin Nielsen
CLICK HERE to watch the YouTube video interview.
In the interview above, you will discover:
- Who is Erin Nielsen?
- What are the Four “P”s that will help you look and feel younger than your age?
- The #1 worst exercise that ages you faster
- What are the benefits of doing Short Burst Workouts?
- The difference between short intense workouts and long slow workouts
I hope you enjoyed the interview.
If you know someone who would be great to interview, please do email.
Or if you have an injury story or something that would benefit health and fitness professionals, please contact me.
Rick Kaselj, MS