Today I have some great information on grip strength and injuries. The interview is with Jedd Johnson, who is the grip strength guy.
Enjoy the interview!
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Jedd Johnson on Grip Strength and Injuries
What Jedd Johnson Goes Through in the Interview on Grip Strength and Injuries
- What is grip strength, and why is it not just hand strengthening
- How grip strength relates to improved athletic performance
- Importance of balancing your flexors and extensors for maximizing grip strength
- The significant link between the elbow and Grip
- Why those grip things at the sporting goods store are useless
- How you can use a pool noodle to improve grip strength
- Why does it take most people a long time to overcome a grip injury
- A great example of improving your grip strength by using a towel
- What are grip strength competitions, feats of grip strength, strong man and powerlifting
- How does grip strength help you in the gym
- What injuries does poor grip strength lead to
- Examples of feats of strength – bending nails, tearing cards, bending bars
- What is grip strength, and how can you get started
- How Jedd got into grip strengthening
- Who is Jedd Johnson
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview:
- To listen to the interview, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. If you do not have time to listen to it, click the “download” button and download it to your computer. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like. Plus, you can subscribe to the iTunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, it can sometimes act up when playing the interview. I suggest listening to the discussion in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
A Few Words About Jedd
Jedd Johnson is a CSCS through the NSCA and RKC through Dragondoor and has competed in strength sports since 2003. Readily competing in Grip Sports competitions around the nation, Jedd is also a prolific writer and speaker about Grip and other strength and muscle-building topics. He owns and runs DieselCrew.com, a site dedicated to pursuing power, especially Grip Strength, and the promotion and growth of the sport and practice he loves with Grip.
How to Improve Your Grip Strength
|To improve your grip strength, CLICK HERE to learn about Jedd’s Home Made Strength 2.||If you want to try a feat of strength, you can CLICK HERE to check out Jedd’s Nail Bending Program:|
If you have a neat specialization that would benefit fitness professionals, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me, and I would love to share it with the EFI world.
Then if you know of a fitness professional that may benefit from this, please forward it to them.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this fitness training interview, here are some other articles that may interest you:
- Joint Training Mistakes that Lead to Injuries
- Why Fitness Professionals Must Focus on Fascia
- Thinking Beyond the Physical