I am back with another exercise and injury interview for you and today it focuses on the business side of fitness.
A big thing that has changed over the last few years with myself is how much I focus on business.
When I started off in fitness, way back in 1994, I focused on the techniques related to fitness. I did this for about 10 years. Then in 2004, I started to spend more and more time studying, meeting business people and implementing what I have learned when it comes to business. This has been one of the keys that has helped me reach more people, help more people and help my business grow. One person that has helped me is Bedros Keuilian.
I interviewed Bedros for you and we specifically talk about marketing tactics for personal trainers and bootcamp owners.
If you don’t know who Bedros Keuilian is, he is a business coach for fitness professionals. In the interview he gives a lot of great info bombs to help fitness professionals.
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Bedros Keuilian on Strange Personal Training and Bootcamp Business Marketing Tactics.
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Bedros Keuilian on Fitness Marketing.
What Bedros Keuilian Goes through in the Interview on Personal Training and Bootcamp Marketing
- Why is it so important for a fitness professional to invest in understanding business and learn about marketing
- Selling is a skill and not a gift
- Common mistakes that personal trainers and bootcamp instructors make when marketing
- What makes Jillian Michaels so much better than other trainers (it isn’t her certifications)
- What are keys to your marketing material (3 things you must have)
- Importance of getting before and after pictures of your clients
- The importance of not being a generalist
- Why the future of fitness is in being a specialist
- How you can specialize in a number of niches
- The number one thing you need to do in order to get your clients to take action
- Why cutting your prices is a big mistake
- The two future trends when it comes to personal training and bootcamp marketing (very good stuff)
- Who is Bedros Keulian
Here is Bedros and me in Las Vegas at a closed door fitness meeting:
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview:
- To listen to the interview, scroll down to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. If you do not have time to listen to it right now, just click the “download” button and download it to your computer. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like. Plus you can subscribe to the itunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, at times it can act up when playing the interview. I would suggest listening to the interview in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
If you are looking for some marketing tools, here are some:
Click here for a video presentation that I put together when it comes to using social media to get medical referrals:
Or you can click here for a video presentation that I put together when it comes to using social media to get more personal training clients:
If you have any business tips for fitness and health professionals, please do share them below in the comment area.
If you know of a fitness professional that may benefit from this, please forward it onto them.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this fitness business interview, here are some other posts that may interest you: