Whether you’re a newbie or have been practicing for years, injuries can happen while practicing yoga, as with any other activity.
Today, I have an interview on a topic that, in the past, I did not care much about: yoga.
In the past, I thought yoga was for people that liked to compete to see who was most flexible. Kind of like guys in the gym, trying to see who can lift more.
Over the last two years, my thinking has changed regarding yoga, and a few weeks back, I came across a yoga program.
I decided to give the program a go and do it once a week. It is my Tuesday afternoon ritual. I thought it would be good to get the author of the program on the phone and do a little interview with her for you.
Enjoy the interview, and let me know what you think.
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview with Kris Fondran.
Shape Shifter Yoga with Kris Frondan
Shape Shifter Yoga
In the Interview with Kris Fondran on Yoga and Injuries, she shares with you:
- Who is Kris Fondran
- How did she end up doing yoga
- What is Yoga
- What are the common misconceptions people have about yoga
- What are the benefits of doing yoga
- How yoga can help to decrease emotional and mental stress
- Discusses the essential steps to take in preparing your body for yoga
- What are her favorite places to do yoga
- What are the common mistakes people make when performing yoga
- How yoga can help runners increase their flexibility
- How can a person use yoga to prevent injuries
A few things you need to know about listening to the interview:
- To listen to the interview, scroll to the bottom of this page and click the play button symbol. If you do not have time to listen to it, click the “download” button and download it to your computer. Then you can listen to it on your computer when you like.
- Also, the interview is up on iTunes. You can listen to it here or subscribe to the iTunes podcast and get all the interviews when they are ready. Enjoy!
- If you use Chrome as your web browser, it can sometimes act up when playing the interview. I suggest listening to the discussion in another web browser (Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Here is a video explaining how to download the interview recording
If you have a neat specialization or business information that would benefit fitness professionals to know about, please do contact me. I would love to share it with the EFI world.
If you know of a fitness professional who may benefit from this interview, please forward it to them.
Here is a little info on Kris.
Kris Fondran came to yoga for physical flexibility and learned how to manage stress in her life.
In 2008, as a part of her Master’s Degree in Exercise Science at Cleveland State University, she researched the benefits of a 10-minute, twice-daily Sun Salutation practice. After only six weeks of the course, the participants showed a significant increase in upper body strength and hamstring flexibility.
You can learn more about Kris at her blog, Mobile Yoga Workout.
The main program that Kris has created is called ShapeShifter Yoga.
Looking forward to getting your feedback on the interview.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this kind of interview, here are some other articles that may interest you:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download