Today I have a brain injury success story.
It is with Jenna Phillips.
It is an amazing story about how the party of the year became her nightmare – but that night changed her life and has led her on a fitness mission.
In the interview Jenna Phillips shares with you:
- Her mission of overcoming obstacles
- What Mission Possible is
- How she got into fitness
- How the party of the year turned into a nightmare
- What she did to overcome her loss of vocabulary, sense of direction, sense of time, short term memory, ability to put words into sentences
- Her rehabilitation process
- How her accident led to her finding out she had type 1 diabetes
- What she did when the doctors were not that helpful in her recovery
- How exercise helped her mind and body
- How she created her own exercise rehabilitation program to help overcome her injury
- The importance of attitude when it comes to recovery
- The length of time it took her to finally do things on her own
- Importance of travel in the healing process
- Know what her mission is
- Her advice to those who have a huge injury to overcome
I met Jenna at a conference. I heard her talk about her story and I knew I needed to interview her.
Make sure to check out Jenna Phillips and her Mission Possible.
If you have a story or know of someone who has overcome an injury, I would love to hear from you. You could also have them contact me.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – A few other interviews that you may enjoy: