A medical referral is a process of providing your patients with information on where they can get the care they need. There are many ways to go about this, but most healthcare providers find that implementing a medical referral program is the best way to efficiently and effectively provide their patients with the care they need. However, getting started with a medical referral program isn’t always easy. Luckily, there are many resources out there that can help you establish your own program or improve upon an existing one.
Another excellent interview for you on medical referrals.
Specifically, how a fitness professional can get medical referrals.
I interviewed Cabel McElderry, who shares how he works with the medical community to help them with their clients.
( There is a play button at the bottom of this page if you want to hear the interview now. If you don’t have time, you can download it to your computer and listen to it later. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the iTunes podcast or listen to it on your computer at your convenience. Have fun! )
3 Steps to Getting Medical Referrals
In the interview, Cabel shares with you:
- How the medical community plays a role in your fitness business
- Expanding on the medical release form to help medical doctors out
- The best approach to networking with the medical community
- Different ways of working with Doctors, Physical therapists, Chiropractors, and Massage Therapists
- The professions that are the most receptive to working with fitness professions
- Creating “win-win” relationships with the medical community
- How to separate yourself from other trainers
- How to get in touch with medical doctors
- What are the occupations in the medical community that you should start with
- Critical systems that you should develop
- The importance of constantly communicating with the medical community
- Numbers that you must track in your fitness business
Remember, there are many resources out there that can help you establish your own program or improve upon an existing one. It’s important that you take full advantage of these tools and resources so that your medical referral program can be as efficient and effective as possible. Your medical referral program is the pathway that your patients will use to obtain the care they need. It’s very important that you provide them with the best pathway possible. Before you start outlining your program, make sure that you’re aware of the benefits of having a good medical referral program in place. Once you’ve educated yourself on these benefits, you can start outlining and implementing your medical referral program.
Thank you, Cabel McElderry.
Rick Kaselj, MS
P.S. – If you liked this fitness business interview, here are some other posts that may interest you:
- Online Fitness Business Lessons from Vegas
- Social Media for Your Fitness Business
- 3 Ways to Get More Injury Rehabilitation Referrals
Plus, here is a video presentation that I put together when it comes to using social media to get medical referrals:
This is a little video on how to download the interview to your computer:
CLICK HERE to listen to the interview
Podcast: Play in new window | Download