I just want to give you a heads up on a course that I am hosting next year.
I will have full details soon, but here is a sneak peak into what will be covered.
Structural Assessment and Corrective Exercise Program Design with Justin Price
This course teaches trainers, coaches, and therapists how to conduct static and dynamic musculoskeletal assessments and design corrective exercise programs to help create programs that can alleviate pain and improve client function.
Main Objectives of the Course:
Three objectives of this workshop are as follows:
1) Students will be able to identify structural deviations in five major areas of the human body: the feet and ankles, the knees, the lumbo-pelvic hip girdle, the thoracic spine and shoulder girdle, and the neck and head.
2) Students will learn to assess which muscles and soft tissue structures may be affected by structural deviations and how to evaluate possible compensation patterns in static and dynamic situations.
3) Students will be able to create and incorporate corrective exercises which target specific deviations into personal training programs.
LOCATION: Douglas College (Royal Ave & 8th St) – New Westminster, BC
DATES: June 4 & 5, 2011 (Saturday & Sunday) – 8:45 am to 4:30 pm (12 contact hours)
**** This will be the only time this course will be offered in Canada and there are no plans for the course to return to Vancouver ****
– $299 plus HST – early registration, prior to April 25
– $349 plus HST – regular registration, prior to May 16
– $399 plus HST – late registration, after May 30
Course fee includes comprehensive and detailed course manual.
To register for this course call 1-888-291-2430.
INSTRUCTOR: Justin Price MA
Justin Price (MA), is a Biomechanics Specialist with over 15 years of experience in the field of health and fitness. His expertise lies in assessing and correcting neuromuscular and structural imbalances that cause chronic pain. He has helped athletes, people with injuries, people with disabilities, children, seniors and others to improve their lives through his unique approach to exercise and human movement analysis. He is a published author, professional speaker and consultant to the media. Justin is also an IDEA Health and Fitness Association Committee Member, their national media spokesperson, and the 2006 IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year.
Here are a few videos of Justin Price. I know you will see from the video that a lot of his concepts, assessments, and exercises are very unique. Have a watch of these videos: