She is back today to go through her top 3 for you.
Here you go and enjoy.
If you missed part one, you could check it out by CLICKING HERE.
#3 – The usual equipment
As I have said, one of the main draws of boot camp classes is that they are different than the gym, so they give them “equipment” they don’t get anywhere else.
Here are some examples of unusual equipment:
- Un-popped popcorn-filled duffel bags make great “sandbags.”
- Tires with rope make great “sleds.” (Tires are fun. Sleds are painful.)
- Sand-filled basketballs instead of medicine balls.
- Half-filled water cooler jugs.
#2 – Same workout style
One of the top reasons people stop working out is boredom.
If you give them the same workout style in every class, they’ll get just as bored as in the gym. Switching up the formats and exercises will keep them engaged.
Run your classes so that they never know what to expect. One of my clients told me she gets butterflies before each class because she never knows what’s coming. She loves that, and so do I!
#1 – Same location
Again, one of the things that makes boot camp, boot camp, is that it is different than the gym: you’re outside – in an excellent location, whether it is a park, a field, or whatever. (I hope so anyway!!!) That’s another mistake, but I hope you aren’t making it; indoor boot camps are just circuit training.
Working out can become boring, and that’s one of the reasons people stop exercising. The same four walls in the gym after a while are as boring as the same outdoor location after a while.
Thank you so much, Caroline.
If you are looking for done-for-you boot camp workouts that you can use for your camps, make sure to check out Best Boot Camp Workouts.
She also has a video that you can check out:
Rick Kaselj, MS
If you are looking for other posts on boot camp stuff, you can check these out:
- Top 5 Boot Camp Workout Design Mistakes – Part 1
- Making a Living or Killing with Boot Camps
- Biggest Boot Camp Lessons from 2010
- Giving Personal Training the Boot
- Fridays Rambles on Monday
- 5 Boot Camp Mistakes Fitness Professionals Make
- Boot Camp Back Pain Exercises