I just finished up an interview with Kevin Yates. He is one of the creators of the Muscle Imbalances Revealed program. And He has some Muscle Imbalances Revealed Update I want to share.
Kevin Yates, CPT, is a fitness professional who has combined his work and hands-on experience as a personal trainer, sports performance coach, and physical rehabilitation to develop unique methods and corrective exercises for eliminating muscle imbalances, recovering from injuries, and maximizing physical performance. Kevin has done over a decade of personal and group training sessions, treating injury patients, athletes, and everyone. He has produced numerous papers on muscle imbalances and loves empowering fitness professionals through his courses on muscle imbalances and corrective exercise.
Kevin did two presentations:
- Component #4 – Identifying Muscular Imbalances in the Lower Body. Muscular imbalances in the lower body can lead to chronic, painful conditions. Identifying and treating these issues early is key for maintaining good health.
- Component #5 – Addressing Muscular Imbalances in the Lower Body. The lower body is likely to have muscular imbalances that can negatively affect posture, gait, and movement patterns. The goal is not only to restore balance but also strength and mobility across these muscle groups and improve coordination so that we can experience accurate human movement!
I wanted to talk with Kevin and see what is new, what he had to add to his video presentations, and answer questions he has gotten about his presentation.
In the interview, Kevin talks about:
#1 – Assessments
An assessment can provide a snapshot of the patient’s condition and show what areas they should focus on. Reviews are valuable for various reasons, such as injury prevention by identifying areas requiring more attention, tracking progress by measuring improvement over time, and helping those who have been out of the fitness loop return.
- Two new assessments that he does for the lower body
- How to do the assessments
- Key things to look for in these assessments
#2 – Exercises
- Great exercise for a failed assessment test
- His thoughts on static stretching and foam rolling
- 5 Exercises that target hip rotation
#3 – More Stuff
- Exciting new things things that Kevin is working on
The great thing is that Kevin sent me five exercises he does for hip rotation. He sent me the videos and images for most of them. Below you can see one of them.
5 Exercises that Target Hip Rotation
How to hear the interview and see the videos:
- Log in to Muscle Imbalance Revealed.
- Go to http://muscleimbalancesrevealed.com/wp-admin.
- Enter your username and password.
- Then go to: http://muscleimbalancesrevealed.com/update-muscle-imbalance-interview-with-kevin-yates/.
What are Muscle Imbalances Revealed?
You can’t just focus on one aspect of fitness because it will harm what you are aiming for in terms of strength, flexibility, or cardiovascular training. If you want to optimize overall results from your workout routine and reduce potential injuries simultaneously. A varied fitness program that includes all three components of exercise and addresses Muscle Imbalance is the best way to avoid damage and reach your goals.
If you have not got Muscle Imbalances Revealed yet, CLICK HERE to get it.
Rick Kaselj, MS