I am off to Seattle today.
I got off early and crossed the border in 10 minutes.
I promise never to complain about traffic.
Vancouver traffic is nothing like in Seattle and LA.
Last Saturday I was stuck in LA traffic.
All this traffic is brutal.
While driving I was listening to the radio.
I found one thing that helps with traffic is listening to Barry White. How can you get angry or mad listening to Barry White.
The radio does not play Barry all day long. They play that California song. I don’t know who sings it.
One cool think came up on the radio.
Swearing and Pain
During the news they talked about a research paper on swearing and pain.
The research said that when people swore they could handle more pain.
It kind of makes sense.
What did you say when you hurt yourself last time.
I was driving to Seattle because I was going to the NFBA conference.
Brian from ACE Fitness personally invited me down to attend. How could I say no, Tom was going to be there.
Listen to Tom
I am listening right now to Tom Plummer’s presentations, here are a few notes I have taken so far:
– the fitness industry has drastically changed in 3 years
– fitness went to crap in the 60s with circuit training
– people leave gyms because they are not getting the results they want
– isolation training is killing your gym, not machines but people training alone
– the worst position you can put a client in is a seated position
Where to Get More Info
Stephens R, Atkins J, Kingston A. (2009). Swearing as a response to pain. Neuroreport. 2009 Aug 5;20(12):1056-60.
Rick Kaselj, MS